Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles

I have really huge feet and I don't know what it is with these girls with small tootsies, wearing high heels like it's their primary shoe...well, I am a girl with size 11 feet and let me tell ya, I wear heels for more than an hour and a half and I'm screaming!
Luckily there's many methods out there that help women who have problems with wearing heels due to discomfort. There's insoles, blister pads, blister balm, etc...there's so many, but 9 times out of 10 it's usually a fail. I like to think that because of the arch of my foot and the balls of my feet, I put a lot of pressure on those main areas so therefore it creates discomfort for me when I try to wear heels (especially if I haven't broken them in).



In my Sun Kissed Influenster box, I was lucky enough to try out a new product from Dr. Scholl's line of inserts for women and these ones were specifically for high heels! I was very excited about this because the thickness of the insole; how cushiony it is and everything, I was optimistic that these could possibly work out!
When I wear high heels (or should I say buy),  I don't mess around. I like to buy the platform or the stiletto types and those are definitely not as comfortable as they sound. I have to have them though because I am a massive shoe hoarder! Ha! So to get these insole specifically for these types of heels, I definitely put them in one of my favorite pairs and gave it a test run.

(These are the babies I decided to test the soles on..cute, right?)


The first 30 mins:
My feet feel really nice, like their comforted by a gel pillow and I don't feel any major discomfort in my arch or on the balls of my feet. I love how there's pads specifically located for those areas and the squishy sensation makes it easier to walk. I think this may be the solution for my high heel woes!

Hour 1:
My arch and balls of my feet are still feeling supported, but the heel is starting to become tender...maybe this is a sign that my feet are getting used to it? I have no clue. I'm still able to walk around normally, but I am also noticing that my feet are getting a little sweaty and maybe that has something to do with me being a naturally warm person...Nonetheless, this is pretty awesome!

Hour 2:
Now I am starting to get really irritated with my heel, it's starting to become unbearable because there's so much pressure being pressed upon it...Maybe I use more heel pressure than I do with the arch and balls of my feet, hm... I am starting to get a blister on my achilles and that is due to the shoe rubbing on it. I'll have to get a separate insole for that and possibly an extra support for my heel.

All in all, I really love this insole, but I feel that it's not meant for me when I am wearing stilettos or platforms; possibly a better fit for shorter heels less than 6 inches. I definitely like how cushiony it is and how I can still move with ease and not feel like my shoe is being massively stuffed. There's still a lot of comfort in the heel, but like I said, I don't think it's meant for 6 inch heels. The blister part was totally all shoe and they do make gel inserts for that part of the shoe....I just wish the there was more support for the heel...if the heel pad on the insole wasn't so firm, it would make a hell of a difference...think pillowy clouds! Yes....

I am really grateful that I had a chance to try this product out. I can never be down when I have an insole to put in my shoes; they're amazing for foot support, especially if you're on your toes all day and I'm talking about just inserts in general.

Maybe once I break in the heels, it might make a difference and then I will give it more of a go.

Do you have any great foot comfort tips to help make wearing heels with ease? Share with me please!

Sincerely,
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment