Thursday, July 4, 2013

Marilyn Manson and the Bible.

Well, this past tuesday, I went to a Marilyn Manson concert. Let me tell ya, this is not the first time I have experienced one of his shows and if you've ever seen Manson, then you know exactly what goes down.

To mention the obvious matter, it was one hell of a crazy show! I think last year didn't even compare to this year. Manson always impresses me and surprisingly he didn't do the same ole thing as last year (minus a few rituals which he does at every show).

Marilyn Manson is one of those people that you either like or hate. I personally like him and what he represents, though I know that can be taken ass backwards. Usually Manson has a lot of haters and many groups are dedicated to bringing him down and his message. I say he speaks loud volumes and cares a lot for the general public, but some people are so blinded by his persona that they completely disregard his message. AND that is what I really hate about some people.

Everyone (at least I would hope) knows who Marilyn Manson is. No one can be completely unaware of him. Chances are, if you follow a huge religious group then you're probably preached about how he "praises Satan" and does "human sacrifices" at his shows...oh and the whole ordeal about having rib removal surgery to suck his own dick; all of which are completely flawed facts. Manson may have some infatuation with religion; the devil included, but he doesn't push it upon anyone to look away from the matter and he certainly doesn't do sacrificial rituals, otherwise it would be top news as he is a very notorious figure.

If you want to get to know Manson on a more personal level, I encourage you to read his novel: "The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell". This is an amazing read whether you'll believe what he says or not. This guy had one hell of a twisted life and he isn't discreet at all about it. Manson laid out an official list of myths that he is best known for and even was surprised by half of the things stated. His novel really goes to show how small minded people can be.

(buy it here or if you're that cheap, rent it from your local library)

Now the concert was phenomenal and as I have stated and always will, he never disappoints. Sure, he comes out with knives and pretends to threaten to stab, but fear not, he really doesn't harm anyone. Basically, a lot of his shock is purely for performance reasons and it goes along with whatever song he's going to sing. By the way...his costumes are wonderful. You can tell Manson really puts a lot of thought into what he does. Okay, so if you've ever heard the rumor about Manson ripping up bibles at his shows; that is actually a fact. If you go to any Manson concert, he starts out the song "Anti-Christ Superstar" (or at least that's the song he sang for the bible ripping) where he stands at a podium and then he takes out a bible, pages through it, and then rips it and throws it into the crowd. These bibles are a once in a lifetime chance to catch when he throws them out and he only throws one. I am ecstatic to announce that caught the one he threw out at Tuesday's show.

Before you go all crazy on me and ask: "Well, why would you want to own something like that? You're gonna go to hell for it!" I am a Manson fan and I don't have any religious belief. I grew up in a home of faith, but I was fortunate enough to be raised without it shoved down my throat. To state an important value, since I don't have that belief in my life, I find no harm in owning memorabilia that has been semi-mutilated. Sure, it's a religious form of figure, but to me it's just a book that has no purpose in my life other than it being nostalgia later on in life. It's a piece of memory that I will hold onto dearly.

And here is my best friend Tearran and I with the bible that Manson threw.

How I got the bible in my possession is a story of its own. It was near the very end of the show and everyone thought that he was done, by this time I was heading out of the pit. I was covered in confetti like I had just been raped by Martha Stewart's craft closet and then out of nowhere the podium shows and he starts out Anti-Christ Superstar. I decided to stay back where I was since I figured this was just an encore. There was a couple behind me, drunk and shouting something so I turned to look and then I get smacked in the head. "What the fuck was that?" I said to myself and then I look down....there was the bible! I snatched it up and held it my shaking hands; I couldn't believe it! This is a once in a lifetime chance to catch one of Manson's shredded bibles! This was a beautiful moment which I couldn't wait to share with Tearran. Needless to say, we were both extremely ecstatic! I had people coming up to me asking to touch it with a bribe of $20-40! I had pictures taken and jealous looks. I felt good. I couldn't believe that no one tried to tear it away from me...however, I did get some offers for me to give it away, but I just couldn't part with it.

And So that is the story of my Marilyn Manson experience and how I caught one of his bibles. I won't ever forget that night and I hope some of you will be open-minded enough to experience it for yourself. All I can say that at a Manson concert, you will get to know people really fast...lol. I would mention the opening act for Manson, but I don't even remember the name. To be fair, I wasn't all into them as I was there to see Manson. The opening band wasn't really impressive at all and the chick singer threw me off too much. Not much to mention to say the least.

Have you ever been to a Marilyn Manson show? Share your experience!

Sincerely,
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment