Thursday, October 17, 2013

Simple DIY: Managing Your Anger/Sadness

We've all been there; getting angry or sad and then end up lashing out. Yeah, it almost sounds too familiar. Unfortunately, many of us don't know how to handle our anger well and it ends up being someone we care about getting the best of it...or worse, destroying ourselves. It hurts.

BUT, I have a new solution to the problem that doesn't cost a fortune and is easily effective in many ways, mostly therapeutic!
I like to call my newest project: "Project Anti-Acting Out". Why? Because when we are angry or sometimes in a severe state of sadness, a lot of us act out in a manner that is quite unhealthy. I had just announced my project earlier in the evening on my Facebook and had reached many responses to it. The best part about this method is that you don't need insurance or a licensed therapist, but a notebook, pen, and your thoughts.
However, not just any thoughts...No. These thoughts are meant to be specific. The way we feel when we are angry or sad is usually feelings of hatred. These feelings of hatred usually stem off into curse words that we normally would say aloud, but instead, you say it on paper; a one worded sentence over and over and over....until you feel better.

Example:
"Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Fuck. Bitch. Asshole. Jerk. Fucker. Cunt" and the list goes on and on.Okay, Yeah I know my words might be a little vulgar to the norm, but "Poophead" wasn't really in the cards when my anger struck...I am more verbally abusive when it comes to my attack. When it comes to feeling better, it's best to write it out the way you normally would if you were actually going to say it...but instead, you're not saying it to anyone but yourself.

Why is it effective?
Because. Think about it....Instead of striking down a victim in a verbally abusive manner, you write it down and keep writing it until you feel better. You just keep going until you no longer feel the need to. It's as simple as that..Oh and did I mention that it's incredibly cheap? I'm sure many of you have a notebook and pen lying around, so go make use of the unwritten journal and make it into a personal tool to self medicate yourself in a healthier way.

And that's all that needs to be explained.

How do you "act out"?

Sincerely,
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment